Happy Saturday y'all! I hope the week treated everyone well. Let's jump right in for some deep weekend thinking.
1. One of my favorite resources for personal development, Steve Pavlina, published a superb post titled The Spiritual Path of Veganism that discusses the relationship between humans and our extended family of flora and fauna that share space with us on Earth.
2. Here is an interesting read on Newsweek about how Homeless Millennials Are Transforming Hobo Culture. A subject I have a fascination with but no personal experience, the article discusses how recent technology has changed a lot of things for the modern homeless wanderer .
3. Thad McKraken from disinformation published a post recently titled Why I Don't Do Psychedelics Very Often Anymore that resonates strongly with me. It serves as a wise reminder to tread lightly when it comes to psychedelics.
4. Regarding the recent situation between police and community in Baltimore, The Baltimore Sun published an article about how Freddie Gray was a victim of the war on drugs. If you want to improve police/community relations in America, you simply must support drug war reform.
6. If you're interested in trail running you simply must check out The Ultimate Resource Guide for New Trail Runners from Doug Hay at Rock Creek Runner. It is an amazing resource guide that includes book, podcast, movie, and website suggestions, as well as gear advice and nutrition recommendations. Highly recommended.
7. Some new trend data that has been reported on Food Navigator-USA.com is showing that the vegan diet is becoming more mainstream, especially among millennials, whose values include environmental preservation and a sense of social responsibility.
That's all for this edition of Weekend Thoughts. Have a great week next week and we'll all reconvene here next Saturday for another thought session.