Happy Saturday y'all! Below, I have rounded up some things for you to think about this weekend:
1. I hope I will see some of my local readers at the second annual TriVegFest in Raleigh, NC later today! There will be an impressive collection of vendors, speakers, and an amazing community to take part in. If you are able to make it out and see me, feel free to say hello!
2. A tropical mushroom that grows on lava flows gives one in three women spontaneous orgasms from smelling it. Naturally, all of the men tested found the smell abhorrent.
3. Turns out that over the past ten years, the DEA has spent millions of undisclosed dollars on cell phone tracking. However, the organization refuses to release acquisition documents even though the fact that it is operating like this is publicly-known.
4. A photography project that removed cell phones from pictures of people engaged with them, which results in an eerie commentary depicting mobile phone addiction. They're definitely worth looking through.
5. For the collectors out there, here are some coins that have been carved to reveal skulls underneath the faces.
6. One of my favorite food bloggers, Gena Hamshaw of the site formerly known as Choosing Raw, will be changing the blog's name to The Full Helping in an effort to have the name reflect the site's main content a bit better. While Gena was originally a raw foods, she has evolved the blog to include more than just raw-focused posts. I highly recommend reading her blog for recipe recommendations, healthy journey guest posts, and a weekly link roundup that focuses on food, health, and nutrition.
That's all for this week's edition of Weekend Thoughts. Until next week, keep thinking wilder.